Monday, November 24, 2008

Back from Rome

This week, Monday and Thursday, I want to share some photos from Rome. Today I'll show some of the more "interesting" ones. Thursday, Thanksgiving, I'll save for the ones of the beauty you'd expect from such a city---and give thanks for it all--the uniqueness that is Rome.















My first day, under the effects of jet lag, I stumbled into a local grocery/department store and was suddenly in a Christmas world--complete with Winnie the Pooh and the whole Disney gang everywhere. I'm in Rome?

One of the great advantages of touring with a resident is that you get to see how the "regular people" of the city live. This truck was on one of the side streets, servicing, I believe, one of the hundreds of small restaurants throughout Rome--yikes!














The Vatican museum was breathtaking. The facilities afterwards: the same everywhere. This teenager was on a bus and gladly obliged when I asked if I could take a picture of his T-shirt. This is all the Europeans wanted to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment