Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Prayer Board

We have a bulletin board right outside our community room/dining room. It's rather unobtrusive, yet you'll see sisters standing in front of it all the time, reading its messages.

Although it has a number of announcements about prayer and liturgy schedules, its greatest area is given to requests for prayers. These requests, that come by phone, email, in letters or just verbally to a community member are always sobering, heartfelt and very moving. We refer to them in our community prayer intentions quite often.

Here's a sampling from this week's notices:

Please pray for a friend of my sister-in-law. Her friend has a debilitating neurological brain disorder and needs our prayers.

Fred had a heart attack---in hospital for tests to discover the damage.

Please keep in prayer my nephew's wife who is experiencing a difficult pregnancy.

Remember my neighbor, Fran, who is in surgery today and my late brother Vaughn's wife, Irene, who is experiencing a recurrence of breast cancer. Both are grateful for your prayers as am I.

With the help of God and your prayers my brother, Bernard, was discharged after the long hours of total gastrectomy. He was hospitalized for 16 days...please continue to pray for him and his good recovery. Please extend my thanks to the sisters for their prayers.

My cousin Catherine has ovarian cancer...she will have extensive chemotherapy. She is a very spiritual person and her faith is sustaining her right now. My friend Grace's surgeon has suggested a mastectomy after finding cancer throughout her breast. She is going for a second opinion. She meets life "head on" and is in good spirits. Catherine, Grace and I are grateful for your prayers.


Join us in praying for these and all the intentions of our friends, families, oblates, and everyone who asks us to pray with them.


A summer front yard garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment