Monday, August 3, 2009

Early August

Early August this year brings our annual LLL days (Learning, Leisure and Legislation) aka: Summer Community Days. As part of the upcoming week, Wednesday through Sunday, Dr. Richard Gaillardetz, a theologian from the University of Toledo in Ohio, will give four presentations to the community and oblates on "The Post-Vatican II Church."

For those who cannot always recite or who don't have easy access to a Morning and Evening psalter-based prayer, a shortened one using our inclusive psalter as well as other parts of the hours, can be found here: Morning and Evening Praise for Ordinary Time-August.

And finally, here is a site that I have in my Favorites. I don't go to it more than once a month but every time I do I think to myself, "Why don't I look at this site more often?" The answer, of course, is that there are just so many hours in the day. Regardless, it is a real beauty and I can't resist sharing it with you. Even if you only scroll down it for one minute, I think you'll agree with me that it is aptly named: Eye Candy



Here's our own "eye candy" right from our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment