Thursday, May 24, 2012

80 and holding

When we go out for walks "around the back forty" I often grab my camera. Two baby fawn have already been sighted, but not by me....yet. Over at Benetwood Apartments we were just walking casually by one of their out buildings, happened to glance sideways and caught these irises perfectly framed by the building.


Amidst all the riot of color, as the poets say of spring, I noticed some very pure white parts lately. These irises are right outside my office window and really do stand out in an otherwise yellow, pink, purple, red and green world.


A final note as we drift into the Memorial Day weekend and its annual grill-outside picnic--the local news showed a weather forecast not often seen hereabouts: The upcoming five-day forecast of high temperatures--80, 80, 80, 80, 84. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment