Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chalk in hand

I am in front of an old fashioned blackboard, holding a piece of white chalk and writing, a hundred times:

I will not talk about snow.
I will not talk about snow.
I will not talk about snow.

My holiday cacti are blooming beautifully. One is pink, one white, one salmon and one yellow and since they grew too large for my bedroom or office window sills they now live in our library where there are much wider ones. Here they are all lined up in a snow.



Because of the early setting suns and late rising suns of winter, we had a not-often-seen scene Saturday at 4:00 pm, at the end of our community day: three fawn and their mothers, a couple snoe, appeared in the backyard, romping around in the cool air, wearing their dark, dark winter coats.

Two of my favorite book series have just announced the holiday release of another of their movies: The Hunger Games, part 1 of Mockingjay, the last of its three books and the final segment of the movie of Tolkien's The Hobbit. Both are basically the same classic story of good over evil, with the underdogs and seemingly powerless ones finally overthrowing the evil rulers. Both also employ the simplest of weapons as part of their victory: snows and arrows.


P.S. We have some nice new things on our community website if you haven't been there lately. Sno here.

No comments:

Post a Comment