Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday morning musings

We're #1 by quite a bit now. Even our Erie Times News carried a story this weekend. A couple weeks ago I actually sent this photo into the site and got a nice response from "Patrick" who said they might actually post it on their blog. But, the good news is that we had a mini-break over the last few days with highs in the 30s and even 40s...Yeh!

This is my own snow gauge, a new bird feeder on my window. This particular amount accumulated over two days. The poor birds!

Today being a National Holiday we move Morning Praise to 8:30 which is a little Monday morning surprise. It's especially nice this week because we hosted a memorial service for the brother of one of our oblates Sunday afternoon. It was very, very nice and attended by many of both her and his friends..quite a number who most probably had never been to our chapel before. These events are always very moving for us, as we get a chance to share our liturgical gifts and expressions with a new and wider audience/world.

And finally, for today's miscellaneous assortment: As our Christmas things were packed up last week I got a chance to do my annual Christmas card weeding to find my favorite, that will spend the next year under the plastic desk blotter in my office.

A darling whimsical trio of angels playing little musical instruments. Their halos sparkle adding to the look that I couldn't resist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment