Monday, October 19, 2015

October = Apples

We have been the beneficiaries of baskets and baskets of apples this month, as local farmers and neighbors are very generous with their harvest. Yesterday one of the sisters told me that there were 3-4 boxes of "apples for the deer" in the kitchen! I wasn't exactly sure what she meant, but I found them and gladly set them out in my usual place for our herd. Here's my deer "deli," usually only open in deep winter when the snow covers every bush and shrub on our grounds causing the soft, overly ripe apples from our kitchen to find their way to this "table."

The behemoth that is our air conditioning system.

Hidden nicely by a perimeter of arbor vitae which not only hide it a bit, but cut the noise, too.

The cement base for the system stays much more snow-free than the ground around it. A perfect place setting for hungry deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment