Monday, March 14, 2016

Street reading

The Little Free Libraries that were set up around downtown Erie about 4 years ago are alive and well---at least the box that is outside of our building at 345 East 9th Street. A couple weeks ago I had noticed that it had been restocked with paperback books, so I wasn't totally surprised to see this fellow digging around for a good read when I was leaving my morning ministry Thursday.

We have the luxury (meaning a car and a library card) to frequent our own library branch in Lawrence Park about 3 miles from the Mount. It's very small-town comfy to walk in the door and see the librarians turn to get our reserved books out before we even reach the front desk!

I hope this fellow, and many others, find similar convenience at these "boxes" around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment