Sunday, October 8, 2017

Wonder of the world

So here we were: myself, my sister and our cousin. One summer my parents decided to take us on a "road trip" across the country to California and back. We were all teenagers at the time, so we experienced this with mixed "drama"! Although I do remember parts of it a bit, one of my strongest memories was meeting a family at the Grand Canyon who were also on a road trip--from California to Niagara Falls! We couldn't imagine traveling 1,000s of miles to see something that was in our own backyard and to which we had traveled numerous times!

Well, it's been about 15 years since I've seen this backyard beauty so when I had the chance to go there this week, I was thrilled--and it was to the Canadian side to boot! We had what they call a "Falls view" room in the hotel and a couple of these pictures were taken right through the window. (We were attending the CWR, Communicators of Women Religious conference---the great people who run the communications depts. of communities of sisters throughout the US and Canada).

What a beautiful, stunning and amazing wonder it is. Haven't seen it in person? Time for a road trip!

The Falls from the Canadian side. Rainbows are very common.

Horseshoe Falls--named because they have a horseshoe shape.

The famous Maid of the Mist boat ride in the Niagara River. It gets very near to the Falls and all the "flamingo" passengers get quite wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment