Wednesday, November 8, 2017

On the Road Again

I'm taking a last couple days of vacation by "hitting the road"and visiting a Benedictine monastery that I have never visited but have wanted to visit for a long time: Our Lady of Grace Monastery-- which is tucked in a residential neighborhood in a suburb of a very large city: Indianapolis, IN.

Although I had never been to this suburb, Beech Grove, I do remember with fondness this part of the country as I spent 3 summers here just south of Indianapolis in the college town of West Lafayette, home of Purdue University, getting my masters. So my fondness for Indiana is real.

True to their patron, the community has this lovely devotional alcove right outside their chapel.

Their chapel has been "right sized" from the original huge one to this more intimate setting for very nice prayer and liturgies.

I gasped right out loud when I saw this huge glass jar packed with pop can tabs! We save them at home, too, but our "piggy bank" is a 20 oz old peanut butter jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment