Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Gearing Up

The countdown is just about over and we are "gearing up" for the busiest two weeks of the year--both liturgically and in hospitality: Holy Week and Easter Week.

The guest list for the next 14 days has not be disseminated yet, but I'm sure that it will be full and long--as in one guest leaves in the morning of a certain day and the next one for that room arrives that afternoon!

The outline sheets for Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, the Easter Vigil Saturday evening and Easter Sunday itself are starting to trickle out. Tuesday, the handbell choir received a separate sheet of rehearsals and events just for their performances, the next day a similar one appeared for the schola. Oh, my--talk about a full dance card!

Everyone of us has her own way of keeping track of all this, particularly your own parts. A few years ago I stumbled upon what works for me. I transfer all the information on the separate sheets to two Master sheets that are taped to my bedroom door. One holds all my commitments from Palm Sunday through Good Friday. The other is the same thing for Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday. Without going "all crayola," I even color code a little bit--rehearsals are one color, the actual event is another. It seems to work for me--or at least it makes me feel calmer! It's a wonderful couple of weeks. Just seeing all of the out-of-towners is itself a treat.

Exhausting? Sure, but catching little cat naps is sometimes a needed part of the day's schedule, too! But it is well, well worth it....wonderful, creative rituals, lovely people, memory-making everywhere and blessed/holy moments galore.

We are indeed blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment