Sunday, August 4, 2019

How can it be August?!

The cutest little kids were all around at this family affair event this weekend at one of our many local wineries.
 I haven't officially heard yet, but I'm betting that it's been a banner year for our grape crop and, if so, the annual
North East Grape Festival in September will be a very happy event for the many grape farmers of the region.
We have thousands and thousands of acres of grape vineyards....primarily for wine and for Welch's in
New York state about 20-25 miles east of us.

Our final concert of the season, I'm afraid. The Rooftop Project at Penn Shore Winery.
 Great music, great time.

Continuing on the weekend theme of enjoying summer events, about a dozen of us took in a game Sunday afternoon for our AA affiliate of the Detroit Tigers: the Erie Seawolves. It was my first game of the season and they won! 3-2. Reeking of Americana...I thought I saw Norman Rockwell in the stands sketching the crowd in all their baseball paraphernalia, eating hot dogs and singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." Yes, we really do stand and sing it in the seventh inning!

No comments:

Post a Comment