Wednesday, March 11, 2020

New dawnings



A couple of years ago a Sister received an orchid--beautifully in bloom. After the flowers died and she was ready to discard the plant, I asked for it and said I'd give it a try to see if I could get it to bloom again--knowing very little about orchids. So for the past 2-3 years I've watered it faithfully (1 Tablespoon) each week, turned it, talked to it, dusted the leaves when they needed it, and just lived with it in my office. About 3-4 months ago I noticed the light grey stringy roots growing and growing and growing. Amazing! It is, after all, I was told, an air plant! Who knew? And then after another couple months one day it caught my eye and I saw a 3" dark stem! Where did that come from I asked myself? It grew very quickly and then pod-like growths came along the stem and finally, finally--look what arrived: 5 gorgeous flowers. WOW, Oh WOW. Welcome spring!


Earlier this week, two days after the time change on our clocks, we were driving into our ministry at 7:30 am and were treated to a beautiful sunrise--this photo does absolutely no justice to the beauty of that eastern sky. And yet another, WOW. I hope your early spring days are as blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment