Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter eggs

In the late 19th century a series of special jeweled eggs were commissioned by the Russian Imperial family from Peter Faberge. Some were for display, other could be worn.They are known as Faberge eggs.

Every Easter I wear my mother's replica of one of them. It's one of the only pieces of her jewelry I kept. Being the wife of a jeweler she had quite a collection of sterling silverware, watches and jewelry and even some nice costume jewelry. After my Dad died and she was downsizing she and I had a wonderful time together choosing and sending pieces of both the silver and then the jewelry to all of her nieces. They sent her lovely thank you notes, which meant the world to her. When she died I finished off the project including dividing up her 200+ collection of shot glasses! That was fun. Finally, to many of my friends in community, I gave one of her Swarovski crystals. I kept the peacock, but all the others went to friends. Happy memories this holiday. Odd as it was this year I hope that your Holy Week/Easter brought unique memories for you and yours, too.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful piece of jewelry and beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete