Sunday, April 25, 2021

3 at once

 


I'm in the midst of something this week that I very rarely do: I'm reading three books simultaneously. Two were given to me by a friend, who had just finished them and was raving. The third came in at the library where I had "ordered" it a couple weeks ago. You may think that I could easily just read them in order but, you see, they are all on the (very) short list of my favorite authors--so I just couldn't leave one or two of them out--so I started them all.

The authors are Barbara Brown Taylor, Anne Lamott and Martha Grimes. Barbara and Anne are both wonderful spirituality writers--solid as rocks and just as humorous, clever, and marvelous in their reflections, stories and experiences of God in their life.

Martha is the author of the Richard Jury series--the Scotland Yard detective whose cases always center around some English pub and involve his quirky group of friends--who both assist him in the case and offer him a taste of everyday life.

Learning to Walk in the Dark, Barbara Brown Taylor

Dusk, Night, Dawn, Anne Lamott

The Grave Maurice, Martha Grimes



No comments:

Post a Comment