Monday, September 30, 2024

Weekend Wonders

 

This weekend I had the opportunity to do one of my favorite things--take a visitor around Presque Isle (the peninsula). No matter the season, the month, the day, there is always something there that is special. This time it was a large (maybe 18" in diameter) turtle crossing the road, the houseboats--all closed up for the winter, and this: a blue heron right on the shoreline. I got this shot from inside the car! It's not the best, but it was just that to see it, and so close up.



Last Friday I finally got the chance to take a picture of a display at the Child Development Center that occupies the first 3 floors of the building where our offices reside--on the top floor. Everyday as I trudge (and it is indeed that some days!) up the stairs, I see the latest "art work" that the 3-5 year olds have done. This latest one has to be one of the best--self-portraits perhaps? or their mothers? complete with yarn hair. It is just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment