Monday, May 20, 2013

On vacation

Things are always a little different during a week of vacation. Yet, not really, as we are the same just in a different geographical place. Here's a reflection by Mary Oliver which seems to fit the occasion:

I Have Decided

I have decided to find myself a home in the mountains, somewhere high up where one learns to live peacefully in the cold and the silence. It's said that in such a place certain revelations may be discovered. That what the spirit reaches for may be eventually felt, if not exactly understood. Slowly, no doubt. I'm not talking about a vacation.

Of course at the same time I mean to stay exactly where I am.

Are you following me?

Mary Oliver



More and more sisters, including yours truly, are seeing the bluebirds that have actually taken up residence in our new bluebird house in the back lawn. The males are truly stunning as their "Pepsi-blue" flies by, surely showing off! One of my friends wanted to try again with a window hummingbird feeder in the city. I told her to put it closer to a tree and some bushes as I read that an "escape route" is important to them when at a home feeder. I hope it attracts some, the children in her neighborhood would love seeing them--as we all do year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment