Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today

Today

Today I'm flying low and I'm
not saying a word.
I'm letting all the voodoos of ambition sleep.

The world goes on as it must,
the bees in the garden rumbling a little,
the fish leaping, the gnats getting eaten.
And so forth.

But I'm taking the day off.
Quiet as a feather.
I hardly move though really I'm traveling
a terrific distance.

Stillness. One of the doors
into the temple.

Mary Oliver


This blue heron lives right along the shoreline and is always on
the watch for water snakes.


Lilacs are in bloom everywhere and this stone house with its lilacs and irises is like a photo from a magazine. It's truly lovely.


We have many Canada geese in Erie, too, but I have never seen a family of 20 goslings. The couple in back had 3-4, but these, and I counted numerous times, had what we thought might be two hatchings (is that a word?) some looked a little smaller than others, but there were definitely 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment