Sunday, January 1, 2017

1-1-2017: 1:30 pm

Camera in hand I start out to find something to share with you--my friends and blog readers--something that our very fine communications office and other community bloggers won't be choosing, too. This is not always an easy task, as we share most common experiences, conversations and ideas. But I found one that was even new to me: yet another, and yet new, photo of our wonderful chapel windows and their interplay within the chapel.

The day and time are what make these new. January 1st, a Sunday at 1:30 pm. The chapel was totally empty. I was the only one there. But then I was hard pressed to think of any Sunday at 1:30 in the afternoon where anyone would really ever be there! There would never be prayer or private reflection (we particularly have smaller places for that), a funeral or any miscellaneous celebration--except once in a blue moon maybe a musical concert. But, really, 1:30 pm on a Sunday the chapel should be empty--and it was--except. Except for our glorious windows and a clear, sunny winter day. Here's what I saw and tried to capture, in the center, on the Christmas wreath.

Happy New Year, everyone. Our wish is that the year 2017 will bring you many, many blessings and experiences that will enhance your spiritual journey through life!


No comments:

Post a Comment