Wednesday, May 10, 2017

First and Last

Two timing references this week:

First: Our Benedictine Women's Service Corps volunteer, Erin from Iowa, is down to her last weeks with us. And I don't want to talk about it anymore. Her last entry on the BWSC blog is just lovely and I don't want you readers to miss it. Please take 3 minutes and enjoy her reflections on her time in Erie. Click here and scroll down to her May 5th entry.

Secondly: This week "Light Through Stained Glass Windows" marks its 10th anniversary!!! Yes, I'm amazed myself! In the right hand column are links to all the years, but I thought it would be fun to reprint the very first entry (minus any photos--I didn't know how to do that yet!). Here it is:

TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2007
Stained-Glass Windows
We are all still reeling from the "official" opening of the renovated chapel this weekend. This morning's Morning Praise was breathtaking. The no-longer-carpeted floor, now ceramic tiled....and the no-longer acoustically-tiled ceiling, now Pennsylvania natural wood have transformed the sounds of the chant and music. It is overwhelming. The 16 floor to ceiling stained-glass windows still make up the north and south walls. I'm taking a seat on the north side, facing south, so that I have a view of the morning sun through the windows and their reflections on the tiles.

One of the most popular Benedictine mottoes fits the day: That in all things may God be glorified.

A lovely rhododendron bush bloomed this week at our East 9th St. building.

No comments:

Post a Comment