Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Two favorites

I've baptized one of my friends with the new nickname "Willow" because she reminds me of the little owl that I wrote about a month ago (see April 30). Willow is the Tamarack Center's resident hospitality queen, as she's the one they turn to whenever a new batch of orphaned, usually hurt, baby birds come into their place for care. Willow steps right up (flies right up?!) and becomes their friend, protector and guide during their stay. That's what our "Willow" does for newcomers here...she is a natural when it comes to hospitality and, as she is doing this week with our latest 20-something summer intern who has just moved in, has stepped up to become a kind of guide to the who, what, where, when, whys and how of moving into a 65-resident monastery!

This is one of my favorite photos. I first took it 3-4 years ago as I was walking the grounds of Benetwood Apartments which are located on the southern part of our property. To me the rather freely flowing, lovely white and purple irises, up against the weathered, yet practically built out building made a striking pairing. I wait for the scene every year and this is the week. I saw it yesterday. It looks exactly the same! I can't help but share it with you again. I hope that you have once-a-year spring scenes that you eagerly await each year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment