Sunday, July 5, 2020

The lure of a playground


When Joan C. wrote the book Two Dogs and a Parrot she sent it out to a dozen or so "readers" before the final edit was due to the publishers. She asked not so much for their copy editing but more for their general reactions and suggestions as a "typical reader." I still remember one man's response which was, in fact, the exact type of thing authors want. He said, "I was never a animal lover or owner of a pet, nor could I understand why people go crazy over their dogs and cats, but after reading this book I now understand why people feel so much affection and are influenced so strongly by their pets. Your stories were entertaining and yet the lessons learned through their interactions with their animals were simple, deep and powerful."

On that note, here is my morning animal sitting subject once again, engaging in the pure play that animals seem to revel in. I must take a lesson! For full effect, click Full Screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment