Sunday, November 1, 2020

All Saints-All Souls

Again we have the first two days of November, which in the Christian calendar has us praying for and remembering saints and souls both from the past and those with us in the present. The prayers and hymns are really lovely and so meaningful.

The weather here in Erie is entering its two and sometimes three seasons in a single day. We are having rain and wind a lot but also 50 degrees and very nice fall afternoons when the sun comes along. 

Here's a recent autumn shot along Seven-Mile Creek as it winds its way through our grounds:


And here is one of many seed pods that hang in our larch tree. I have one of our novices to thank for this shot, as I didn't even know these things were on this favorite of all trees. It is currently in its beautiful gold phase and is always the last one that will lose its leaves. Fortunately, we recently planted another larch in the front yard and it is already showing the same patterns of the mature one in the back.





1 comment:

  1. Hello Sr. Doubet. My name is Kevin Portz. I live in Baton Rouge, LA. My father and your father were both assigned to Aberdeen Proving Ground after entering the US Army in 1942. I have a photo that includes you father that I would love to share with you. I am writing a book based on my father's diary from this period and I would like to know where your father served following his initial training. I have a clue it was in Persia, now Iraq. My email address is kevingportz@gmail.com. Would you please communicate with me. I will be glad to forward a scanned copy of the photo that includes your father. Thank you and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete