Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sharing our "joy"?!

That time of year has come again...what time is that, you ask? The time when I share with all my friends in California, my cousins in Florida and the Carolinas and friends everywhere who grew up in Erie or visited often as a child, the snowy winters of the Great Lakes.

We had our first lake effect snow of the season December 25 and 26, and it was a winter wonderland for Christmas. I was so happy for the kids. They say Frontier Hill and Peak 'n Peak were full of sledders and skiers.

Here's a look at our 20.8" that fell on those days:

Looking out my bedroom window, with a huge amount of snow on the bird feeder. 
That's my yellow ruler to give you perspective!!

Here's the magnolia tree in the inner courtyard taken from a sister's room on 2nd floor. 
See how the bottom limbs are almost lying on the snow!

And here's a shot looking outside at 6:30 am on Christmas morning.
An outside security light gave some light, but otherwise it was pretty dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment