Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Mid-January

Today is mid-January. It is also mid-winter, for those in our city (2.5 months down, 2.5 months to go). A friend told me today that on her daily afternoon walk, around 5:00 p.m., she's noticing the increase in light--as we are nearly a month past the winter solstice. I've noticed it in the mornings, too: our 7:30 a.m. drive to work is definitely lighter. When we were watching the Jeopardy GOAT tournament this past week, they had a category on Canadians. Each clue showed the photo of the Canadian and a short description was read. As soon as the photo popped up I shouted, "Margaret Atwood"! I recognized her instantly because that same photo is on her book Testaments which I just finished. If you read The Handmaid's Tale years ago, or saw the movie recently, you'll love this 15-years-later follow up. Spoiler: Gilead is imploding!

No comments:

Post a Comment