Sunday, May 23, 2021

Pentecost


Pentecost Sunday is one of the community's favorite and most celebrated feasts. This year was no exception except of course we had it to and for ourselves. The three prayer periods and Sunday liturgy were full of Holy Spirit songs, inspiring scripture reading on the coming of the Spirit to the first apostles and to the entire church...down through the centuries and even today! Creative expressions highlighted many parts and good music had a part in everything.

To that end, I am trying something new on this blog and I'm not sure that it will work. I'm going to try and link one of the organ/oboe duets that Sisters Charlotte and Anne W. played this weekend. This one was written by our Sister Mary David Callahan. She is best known to us and to others through her songs, but she has a music book of instrumental Preludes and Postludes that are quite nice and these two excellent musicians played her "Veni Creator" beautifully.

I hope the link works because we'd really like to share this wonderful music with you. If it doesn't, I'll read up on it and try again next time!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5o42zxwj3jaj7g/VeniCreator-Callahan052321.mp3?dl=0


1 comment:

  1. Sue - It came through beautifully! I thought the musicians were standing in my living room! J

    ReplyDelete