Sunday, June 13, 2021

Welcome Back!

 


Today we welcomed back our friends who join us for Sunday liturgies--at least 65-75 of them who made the trip to the Mount this first Sunday that we were "open"  after 15 months. And what a glorious reunion it was! Great thanks to Fr. Jim Piszkar who shared one of his wonderful homilies with us--yet again--and to all who sang and danced and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company throughout the morning. If you couldn't make it this week, maybe we'll see you next Sunday!


"What is the greatest gift?"

What is the greatest gift?
Could it be the world itself--the oceans, the meadowlark,
the patience of the trees in the wind?
Could it be love, with its sweet clamor of passion?

Something else--something else entirely
holds me in thrall.
That you have a life that I wonder about
more than I wonder about my own.
That you have a life--courteous, intelligent--
that I wonder about more than I wonder about my own.
That you have a soul--your own, no one else's--
that I wonder about more than I wonder about my own.

So that I find my soul clapping its hands for yours
more than my own.

Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment