Sunday, October 1, 2023

GUTD

I know that I have written about the monthly booklet/missalette Give Us This Day before, but when I started to read the beginning of the October issue today I was reminded of what is really my favorite part of it: the art.

Many readers like the daily "saints." Others the daily one-page meditation by such fine writers. Some like the fact that it includes daily Mass in it. And still others like the music or the weekly theme writings, again by such great spirituality/theological writers. But although I like all of those, too, my favorite really is probably the front and back covers.

Here are October's: John August Swanson's St. Francis on the front and Alisha Monnin's Our Lady of the Rosary on the back. They are just beautiful, admittedly two different styles, yet each lovely. 


If you would like a Vatican II, very creative, yet solid "daily prayer book" ask for a free sample and see what you think. It's very nice and quite conductive to fostering and supporting a daily prayer routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment