Sunday, October 29, 2023

Advent calendars

Our larch in the backyard.

I have a couple unusual things to share with you today. Whimsical in some ways and clever in others.

Here is the first: the latest, at least that I've seen, "Advent calendars"! It's not that they aren't a blatent homage to American capitalism, but why call them "Advent"...maybe just December calendars would be better...Do non-Christians or even Christians for that matter, really know what and when and why Advent is?!

2023 Advent calendars.

Secondly, a friend passed on two pages of word-play/puns to me as she knows I enjoy such. They make me laugh and groan and be amazed at--Who thinks these up?

I hope you enjoy them in some way, too. Here are five of the best:

1) I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

2) How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

3) Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?

4) A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.

5) Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Happy week--hard to believe it's November already...where do the months go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment